MeasurementKim Alpha Bridal Wear
Easy Measurement Steps
Ordering and your dream wedding dress has never been easier. Once you’ve found “the one”, follow these steps before the right measurement:
● Find a fabric tape measurer (a metal tape measurer can give false and inaccurate readings so avoid using)
● Remember to keep the tape measurer rigid, but not tight.
● Wear the same undergarments or as similar as possible to what you will wear on your special day
● Wear the same shoes or a pair of shoes with the desired height as you will wear on your wedding day
● Keep your feet 15.25 cm (6 inches) apart
Only the Best
Take the measurements by yourself once and then have a friend double-check the measurements by helping you. You will need to measure the following areas in order to complete your wedding dress order:
- Bust Size – this requires two different measurements. First, measure around the fullest part of your breasts. Next, measure the underbust by wrapping the tape measure around your chest, just below where your bust is and where your bra line usually sits.
- Waist – the smallest part of your midsection, found above your belly-button and below your rib-cage. Don’t suck in your stomach or you will get an uncomfortable fit and inaccurate measurement.
- Hips – the largest part of your lower body, where your thighs and bottom are.
- Shoulders – measure the distance from one shoulder to the other from the front and around your back.
- Shoulder to bust – the distance from the top of your shoulder to the middle of your nipple.
- Shoulder to waist – measure from where your bra strap lies at the top of your shoulder to the smallest part of your waist.
- Shoulder to floor – from the top of your shoulder to the floor (make sure you have the shoes with the desired height when you take this measurement).
- Waist to floor– take a measurement from the smallest part of your waist to the floor where your hem will sit.
If your dress has sleeves, complete the additional measurements:
- Bicep – measure the circumference of the biggest part of your arm, approximately 15 cm below your shoulder, mid-way between your elbow and shoulder.
- Sleeve length – start at the top of your shoulder with your arm straight down with a slight bend at the elbow, stopping where you would like your sleeve to end.
- Neck – a firm measurement around the base of your neck.
Check out the chart below for estimated measurements of AUS sizes for further consultation.
|Size||AUS 6||AUS 8||AUS 10||AUS 12||AUS 14||AUS 16||AUS 18|
|Bust||76 – 79||79.5 – 84||84.5 – 89||89.5 – 94||94.5 – 99||99.5 – 104||104.5 – 109|
|Underbust||63.5 – 68||68.5 – 73||73.5 – 78||78.5 – 83||83.5 – 88||88.5 – 93||93.5 – 98|
|Waist||56 – 60.5||61 – 65.5||66 – 70.5||71 – 75.5||76 – 80.5||81 – 85.5||86 – 90.5|
|Hips||86 – 90.5||91 – 95.5||96 – 100.5||101 – 105.5||106 – 110.5||111 – 115.5||116 – 120.5|
|Size||AUS 20||AUS 22||AUS 24||AUS 26||AUS 28||AUS 30||AUS 32|
|Bust||109.5 – 114||114.5 – 119||119.5 – 224||224.5 – 229||229.5 – 234||234.5 – 239||239.5 – 244|
|Underbust||98.5 – 103||103.5 – 108||108.5 – 113||113.5 – 118||118.5 – 123||123.5 – 128||128.5 – 133|
|Waist||91 – 95.5||92 – 100.5||101 – 105.5||106 – 110.5||111 – 115.5||116 – 120.5||121 – 125.5|
|Hips||121 – 125.5||126 – 130.5||131 – 135.5||136 – 140.5||141 – 145.5||146 – 150.5||151 – 155.5|
Kim Alpha Bridal
How It Works
For your convenience, you can view our range of wedding gowns and veils online where ever you are from your computer, mobile phone or tablet.
Once you've found "the one", we will give you guidance of how to get your correct measurements. We may request that you send us a pictures of yourself so we can see your body figure, to help us get a clear vision on what is needed to make the dress fit your body type.
If you are unsure about your measurements, you can have your measurements taken with our contracted alteration team in your local area.
Before you receive your wedding dress, we will send you pictures of the final product and then send it to you. For local brides, we are happy to receive the dress back and make any necessary alterations should any issues arise. For non-Melbourne brides, our contracted alteration team can make your required alterations in your local area.
Please note, Kim Alpha is not taking appointments or pickups in store. We will have a discussion with you carefully before any order. We will like to provide you with the best WOW impression for you wedding day with our creations. All of our products are pieces of art, we make with with love and we hope you love them as much as we do.
Thank you for your love with Kim Alpha Bridal